Dental Exams and X-Rays
With the help of routine dental exams and x-rays, our Kingman dentists are able to maintain a healthy smile for you. If you keep up with your biannual visits to our office, these appointments can help you avoid the financial costs associated with larger treatment plans later on. The Academy of General Dentistry recommends biannual visits for patients of all ages - children, teens, adults, and seniors. No matter how old you are, your smile matters! At this frequency, a large majority of issues can be caught early.
How Your Exams and X-Rays are Done
Dr. Riche or Dr. Williams will first examine your mouth visually, utilizing necessary dental equipment such as mouth mirrors, assorted dental tools, and high intensity lights. In this stage, we're looking for any obvious issues like cracked or decayed teeth, things that can be seen with the naked eye. With this in mind, our Kingman dentists are also considering these important items:
• Medical History: We'll assess how any new medical conditions, illnesses, or concerns may affect your dental health, since your overall health is acutely linked to your smile.
• Examination of Tooth Decay: We're checking for any thoroughly decayed, damaged, or cracked teeth - issues that can be spotted with the naked eye without the help of x-rays.
• Oral Cancer Screening: During our exam, we're also looking at the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums, all which can display signs of oral cancer.
• Gum Disease Evaluation: Your gums, as well as the bone around your teeth, will be checked for any visual evidence of periodontal disease.
• Examination of Existing Restorations: If you have any fillings, crowns, or other dental restorations, we want to ensure they're still in good order.
Our team will also take diagnostic x-rays to reveal any other hidden problems, areas that can't be seen by a physical exam. This is especially for the areas below the gums, where many issues can reside. The frequency of x-rays taken vary from patient to patient, so be sure to ask our staff if you have any concerns.
Are you ready to visit Kingman Dental Group? Give us a call at (928) 757-1707 and our front desk staff will help pick the best date and time for your appointment.